The Auburn Parks and Recreation Department maintains Samford Pool.
- The 2020 pool season will begin, Saturday, May 23 - Monday, September 7. *Lap Swim Only*
- Samford Pool is open to the community for lap swimming only. Recreational swimming, swim lessons and all other pool events will be cancelled through August 1st. Those registered for swim lessons through August 1st will be issued a refund. Those that would like to lap swim at Samford Pool throughout the summer must purchase a Lap Swim Pass in advance at auburnalabama.org/register for $50. A copy of your lap swim pass will be emailed to you to present when entering the pool. A copy of your lap swim pass will be available for pick up on May 23rd at Samford Pool.
- Lap Swim Passes
2020 Lap Swim Rules
All lap swimmers must obey the following rules:
- Lap swimmers must show a copy of their lap swim pass when they arrive at the pool. You will then be directed to a lane.
- Only lap swimmers will be allowed to enter the facility. Additional family members will not be allowed to wait on the lap swimmer within the facility unless a child wishes to lap swim. If a child, under the age of 12 wishes to lap swim, a parent will be required to stay and supervise the swimmer in the outdoor seating area.
- Only 10 lap swimmers are permitted in the pool at once. While not required, reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance for a 30 minute lane session by calling 334.501.2957. Swimmers may only reserve one 30-minute lane session per day. Those who do not make a reservation will be assigned a lane on a first come first serve basis upon arrival.
- Reservations will be accepted beginning Friday, May 22nd at 8 AM.
- Sharing lanes is not permitted.
- Concessions, bathroom, locker rooms and showers will not be available for public use. The family restroom will be available for emergency use only.
- A 6-foot distance must be maintained by all swimmers while in the facility.
- Kickboards will be available for use but must be placed in the diving well once swimmers are finished.