The City of Auburn Inspection Services Department follows the following code editions for the safety and well-being of the entire Auburn community.
Important! Information regarding Building Code Updates.
2015 Building Code Adoption
Soil Erosion Inspection Procedures staring October 1, 2017 (Lot Level Details)
- Adoptions and Amendments to the ICC and State of Alabama Codes by the City of Auburn
- Weed Abatement Act 2012-440
- 2015 International Building Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Fuel/Gas Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Commercial Energy Code
- 2014 National Electrical Code
- 2015 International Residential Code (with Alabama Residential Building and Energy Code Amendments with repeals of certain sections)
- ICC A117.1-2009 Standards for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code as referenced in the International Building Code and International Residential Code.
Full Building Inspections Policies and Procedures
Third Party Inspections
Third Party Plan Review